Montipora danae advice

Epos

Reefing newb
I've been waiting for about 6 months to get my hands on a Montipora danae and one finally showed up on the list a few weeks back at my work. It came in brown, angry, and wildcaught. Any advice on getting these things to color up or any preferances they have for parameters and food over other Montis? had him for about 2 weeks and he's showing no signs of happiness or color. One of my coworkers said he had one and never saw it hint at anything but brown for the six months that he had it under his 250 watt halides.

They might like lower to mid level under a 250w. Try it at different levels in the tank for 2 or 3 weeks at a time, and see if there's any better color/growth, or if it gets worse.

Thanks jag, I've got him under 150's in my tank but I think you're right, I've moved him into a little bit of shade and I'll see how he does.

Definitely try to keep it low in the tank. You have lots of light over a 26g tank for a montipora. Also, keep your alk steady in the 8-10 dKH range. I noticed they don't like alk lower and they can bleach with it higher.

Thanks for the advice capt, the alkalinity level could definitely be an issue right now, I keep my tank at 13 dKH so I think I'll let it drop down to 10 and see how he does.

Back