More T-5s

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
So today I got my second 18" T-5 from Pet Supplies, Dog Supplies, Cat Supplies, Pet Meds & Pet Products: Drs. Foster & Smith Pet Supplies

They are really fast. I have had three orders from them and they all got here in 3 days, when ordering on a sunday, even with Columbus Day this week

It's a lot brighter, and I now have 6 watts per gallon of T-5. Hopefully now everything will from a lot faster (including coralline)

Thanks for telling me to get T-5's they are bright, and they don't give up much light, I'm a fan :)

Congratulations and good luck.You should be able to do a lot of both of them.

....and you're right,Dr. Foster is one of the best on the web.

fosters and smith is a nice place, gotta love living an hour and a half from them. What T5's did you get? and how much were they if you dont mind me asking... I'm looking for some T5's for my 50 gal, but the catalog for F&S doesnt have a very large selection of lights, at least the one i have.

The main reason I was wondering about foster and smith is cause I could run up there and grab them my self and not have to wait around or worry about broken bulbs in shipping (if thats ever a problem I dunno, ive only ever ebayed stuff before, and if its anything like that I can see it being an issue). All I can find is on 2 ends of my spectrum, either just a little too low or way too high. they go from 216 watt T5's for like 200$, which isnt bad, id gladly pay up to about 300, and then there jump up to 400-800$ for anything bigger, but I only need about 300 watts... nothing really falls in that range, its either up to 200 or above 500 watts it seems...

i got stuck not finding size i need and had to put a 36" nova xtreme t5 light on my 30" 29 gallon. Next light is coming from premium aquatics, the aquactnics tx5, and the other constellation is a nice light to.

you could always get a retro set and install them on a canopy for your tank, screw right into canopy lid and forget about light fixture.

T5's kick a$$, its fun messing around with different bulb combinations. You can really makes the colors of the corals pop. I have the TX5 and that is load of power over my 55 gallon and it doesn't raise the temp a single degree. The only down side to T5's is you don't get the shimmer effect that you do with hallides, but I can live without it.

fosters and smith is a nice place, gotta love living an hour and a half from them. What T5's did you get? and how much were they if you dont mind me asking... I'm looking for some T5's for my 50 gal, but the catalog for F&S doesnt have a very large selection of lights, at least the one i have.

I got the Nova Extreme

Aquarium Lighting for Freshwater and Reef Systems: Nova Extreme Compact T-5 System

I have two of the 18" ones

here are the bigger novas

T-5 Aquarium Lighting: Nova Extreme T-5 Fixtures w/Lunar Lights

these looks real nice too

Aquarium Lighting for Reef Aquariums: Outer Orbit Pro Series HQI/T-5/LED Lights

if you have the cash

Back