Most peaceful clownfish?

dangerousdave

Reefing newb
Hey. I was interested in what you guys thought was the most peaceful clownfish. I have a Maroon Clown and he is mean and extremely territorial to some other fish. I want to get a peaceful clown but I’m not sure if that exists. Any ideas?

I never can trust what these fish dealers say. They say Algae Blennies are peaceful I beg to differ. Maybe tank raised Algae Blennies are peaceful but I have seen them in the wild and the fight each other and eat small fish that gets to close. I have read that Ocellaris are pretty nice. Maybe I will get one. PS. Does any one own a Snowflake, Platinum, or domino ORA Clown.

Fastrd owns snowflakes I believe. All those fancy clowns are just unusual patterns and crosses between the Ocellaris and TruePercs so they should be moderately well behaved. But every fish is an individual and well established large females can be pretty nasty.

My Ocellaris Clownfish, Tank Bred, are very peaceful. The let the cave goby live with them! The only time I saw them get upset was last weekend when I introduced a Flame Angel into the tank. He was just exploring the tank but started to spend too much time in the Clown's cave so they started smacking him around with their tails mostly and even chased him away but I never saw any damage done.

I watched them for hours that night.

Everyone is getting along just fine now.

I had a pair of ocellaris in my 50, and they went after anything added after they were! They were mean little buggers. They are the reason I won't be adding any clowns to my 90. Unless, of course, my percs outgrow my 10, in which case they will be the last addition to my 90. Just not chancing losing my bigger, more expensive fish to a pair of bullies!

Back