Mounting LED Fixture

SigEpLucas

Nano Reefer
I just un boxed a new LED fixture for my 10 gallon tank. I have a hanging kit but it's at work so no chance I can hang from wall or ceiling. My LFS sells custom acrylic mounts and I found some aluminum mounts on ebay but nothing for less than $100.

Any thoughts or ideas on a way I can build or buy a mount for this fixture for less than $100?

Thanks!

Would it be possible to hang a shelf or something on the wall above the tank, then hang the fixture from that?

Could you post some pictures of the tank and the surrounding area? That would give me an idea of what I have to work with.

I can't hang anything on the wall at all. I guess I'm looking more for like diy plans or something for some type of aluminum or wooden rack to suspend the light. I don't want to build an enclosed canopy but need something that can stand on top of the aquarium and hold the light a few inches above the tank so I can take the glass top off.

Cant drill lag bolts into the ceiling studs? Like this:

1-4_zpsa52941f3.jpg

No it's at work so I can't drill into anything. I have the same fixture though. I think I found a guy locally with some anodized aluminum T slot I think I might try to make a rack out of.

Back