Move... Rebuild... What else?

So it was bound to happen... I am planning on moving, ALL 37 tanks... The one big problematic one is my reef of course... Since I am taking it all apart its time to redo some stuff. here is my list of ideas...

I want to RinoLine my sand and hood (inside), has anyone done this? Or is there other water proofing/resistant options?

I want to get a new tank mine needs to be resealed and I don't want to mess with it, PLUS I know it will make a cool dart frog tank :) and not have to be resealed! ! I want to drill the next tank, I am open to suggestions on plumbing for that I am pretty clueless on that aspect.

Lighting, with the new tank I want to make a clear euro brace so the strap doesn't cast a shadow... I wan the exact tank I have GLASS AGA. What I am thinking is to have a piece of 1/4 in acrylic cut (with the tank empty) so it fits snug all the way round the edges, install that with silicone? and cut the 'stock strap' out? Thoughts?

As for moving the tank... UGGGGGGGGGGGGG Well This is going to be fun... My plan for the move is keep my LR in Rubbermaid totes lifestock will be moved in buckets and moved to a holding tank until all of the modifications are done on the tank/stand. My actually bigger consern is my fuge... HOW do I move that with out killing all of my good stuff? durning the 'down time' how can I not kill off my fuge?

Last edited:
"good stuff" like pods? I would think they would be ok. Any room for a small heater maybe? I guess the tricky part is water movement, but I'm wondering if it would be ok for longer than a tank w/ fish/corals...pods to fine in bottles, and become active once lights come on...but not sure about your bacteria.

This will be a major move with all the tanks! Good luck!!

Back