Moving fish

tlsims

Reefing newb
I just bought a new 125 gallon tank, in about 30 days or so i want to move my fish that are now in my 55 gallon over to it.

First question i have is what is the easiest way to catch the fish, i dont want to use a net if i dont have too cause these fish are kinda big. if anyone has any tips on how to catch fish in the least traumatic way.

Second I have a long horn cowfish and i have heard they can let off poison when stressed, so i was thinking of moving him first when the time comes and then wait a couple of days til i move the rest of the fish in the big tank. do you think 2 days is long enough to wait for any poison he may emit to be circulated out of the tank?

First off,congrats on the new tank....When i did my transfer i used a large bucket and let the fish swim right in then just dumped them in the new tank.Ofcourse everything will have to be out of your 55 so you have room to get a bucket in.As far as the cowfish,i have no clue,sorry....

If it was me i would not even try to net the cowfish, I would just get a large bowl or somthing that you can just move him towrds. Then transfer him over to the new tank. No harm no foul. He wont emmit any poison that way.

Thanks guys, this situation is keeping me up at night lol. the cow fish is slow so i think if i drop some food in the tank i can swoop him up in a container pretty quick and get him moved before he knows what has happened.... maybe.

the others may prove more challenging since there faster.

the carbon idea is awesome thank so much!

Back