moving to another state...

pinstripes

Reefing newb
I'll be moving up to Georgia soon from South Florida. I was wondering what I do about water since I have to empty my all my tanks and I wont have any ro water ready for me. Do I have to take the risk of using sink water? how do I take care of my live rocks? thank you:Cheers:

pin

Get ten 5 gallon water containers.
It will be worth the small cost. This will save you a lot of time/hassle with setting up the new tank. Live rock can go in a tightly sealed rubbermaid container filled with tank water. This is all assuming you have a moving van that has the space to hold this stuff.
Also, try to find a batter powered pump that you can stick in with the live rock to keep the water circulating.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I would guess that if you were able to take enough water to fill each tank halfway, and the rest with RO water from your new LFS, you should be fine. Anyone?

Dennis is right.Just invest in enough 5 gallon water jugs. to transport as much of the system water as possible.Then when your ready to set the tanks back up,just buy enough distilled water to make up the difference.Might be a good idea to mark the jugs so you can put the water back into the tank it came from.
What part of Ga. are you moving too?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I would guess that if you were able to take enough water to fill each tank halfway, and the rest with RO water from your new LFS, you should be fine. Anyone?

That would work too.But keep in mind,that not all LFSs sale RO water.

Thats not far from here.Right in the middle between Chattanooga and Atlanta.45 minutes either way you go.
When you get settled in,give me a shout,I can introduce you to a couple of good stores up this way.

There are supposed to be a couple of good stores down there.Dustin would be the ask about them since he's just north of Atlanta,in Merritta.

Back