MP10 enough?

R3verb

Time to add some coral!
Hey guys, I NEED to get some more flow in my tank. I really like the EchoTech Vortech MP series. The MP10 says it is for up to 55 gal and I have a 90 gal tank. I can probably spring the $250 for the MP10 but there is no way I can get the $450 together for the MP40W any time soon. Should I just wait and save up or can I go with the MP10? I have a 1000gph sump pump and about 1000gph more in Hydor Koralias in the tank already. If I got the MP10 now could I just add another later? Thoughts?

Casey

I had the mp10 on a 20 gal long and it was great, however, I don't think it would be that great on a 55 let alone a 90. I'd wait for some more feedback before you decide, but I really don't think it would cut it.

instead of a single mp40, I would look at a pair of mp10's with one on each side of the tank - you could synch them and get some really nice flow.

I have a single MP40 in my 180 - when funds allow I will be adding a second

Not sure if you made your decision already, but I was running 2 MP10s at about 60% strength on my 30, and now have 1 MP 40 on my custom 90 (36" Long). The 2 MP10s were great, but obviously had to be dialed down a bit, but the mp40 isn't enough for my 90. Its not set at full which irritates the corals in its path, but it doesn't provide enough flow at the other end, or behind the rockwork.

My recommendation would be an MP40, and plan to eventually add an MP10 or second MP40 on the other side. I'm planning to add a second mp40 at some point.

Back