Mp10

Scots_art

Reefing newb
Well my MP10 arrived the other day , stuck it in the tank and started slowly filling with RO.
i got the water deep enough to try the MP10 and it was great fun playing around with it and deciding i like the look of Reef Crest over everything else.

i know some say it takes a while to "" bed in "" and make less noise, but it makes a bit more sound than i have seen on a video on the UK forum i am on.

the dry side is very quiet , it seems to be the wet side making the most noise.
because i have salt in the water i cant see anything as it is milky white just now..
i know i dont need to use the rubber bit that it came with as my glass is 8mm thick.

I am also hoping it will quieten down when i can get it higher up on the side of the tank so it wont be as "" boxed "" in by the side of the tank / wall... it will eventually be more central on the side of the tank and up higher.
At the moment i have it set on night mode just to aid in the salt mixing with the water , and tomorrow i can make up an other 20 L RO and get the heater covered and get that switched on , though my water is already 66.0 F without a heater so the heater wont have to much of a job bringing it up to temp.

so just wandering those who have an MP10 , how long did it take to bed in / quieten down a little.

Last edited:
yep tried moving it about little by little and it makes absolutely no difference.

it does appear as though more and more are showing up as making more noise.
over here in the UK one guy was sent out a completely brand new one and had to use the wet side from new one against the original dry side.

but i will wait and see what happens in a few days and once it is in the final placement.
i did register the guarantee for it , but as yet had no confirmation email or my 2 free digital coral magazines either.

Back