Muddy Crushed Coral?

Take it slow. If you can afford a piece of live rock I would get some to cycle with your tank. It's going to be awhile before you can get fish and a month or so before you can get a clean up crew. Ask you lfs if they have live rock sometimes it's hidden under other tanks.

Right now, I can't afford both sand and live rock. Unless I go ahead, break down and use the coral that I already opened. Blah.

hmmm. Just called my lfs. They have live rock. All different kinds and they sell it for the same price at $10 a pound, already cured and cleaned. Asked them about the sand and they are out of sand. Told them about the crushed coral I bought and they insisted that it's good high quality stuff. $10 a pound. I might pick up a pound of it. :) I can afford 10 bucks. er wait. Is that a good price? What KIND of rock should I get... er is it all the same....

$10 a lb for live rock is around the going rate. My LFS sells it for $8 to $12 a lb depending on the type.

There are lots of different types of live rock. If you want to save money, buy a denser, more lightweight rock. Look for cool shapes and colors.

I'll have to use up a $10 bill and get a couple rocks. I'm going to go ahead and try the crushed coral since it's opened and paid for. I'll just have to keep it clean, which isn't a big deal anyway.

When you do pick out your rock get ones with lots of color. Also look at the shape. If you can' afford a lot of LR get what you can because you can always add more later on. You don't have to buy all LR you can add some base rock. I paid 6.99 a pound.

Those Marco rocks are all dry rock.They do have a good price with shipping included.You will still need to seed that dry rock with some live rock.

I haven't ordered from them(I do have friends and local reefers that have)
A good place to order rocks.Remember 50lbs of that dry rock is more than 50lbs of live rock since its not soaked with water.They do have some interesting shape rocks with lots of nooks and crannies.

dry rock has nothing on them live rock have algea and bugs on them because they came right from figi or whatever place they cam from but if you put them together the algea and some bugs will go on the live rock

Back