Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Julie Burns

Reefing newb
Can anyone identify these parasties? I have not added anything to my tank in almost a year. Simple tank that I just enjoy watching the few fish that I have. I am looking to add a few more things in near future, but want to clear up what I think is becomin an issue before I add anything. I noticed these several months ago, but there were just a few and now it seems as though they are on a multiplying frenzy. Any thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appricited.

Attachments

• Picture 2047.jpg
    Picture 2047.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 341
if they are rust coloured could be planarian flatworms.i have just read up on them .says there is a nudibranch that can be bought to eat them but they would probably reproduce too quickly so still would have some.quite surprised to see it says leave them as they in time will die out!

I had them in my old 40b , I bought a blue velvet nudi to wipe them out. I had so many that my rocks looked fuzzy in some places. The nudi cleaned them out in about 3 weeks then I had to find him a new home since that is all he would eat. A sixline, or melanarus wrasse might wipe them out if the tank is big enough for them , if not then maybe look at Springeri Damsel (Blue Sapphire Damsel) they will eat them as well and run about $6

+1 Erin , also when you do a water change siphon out as many as you can it will help clear them out quicker. Make sure you fallow the instructions for the flatworm exit.

Thank you everyone, Now that I know what it is I will do a little reading. It was amazing how quickly they appeared and multiplied.

Back