Mushroom question`

nensley

Reefing newb
I've had the mushroom for 4 days and today, I noticed that one of the large ones on top is gone. I hesitate to move much of my rock to look for it, but I did move a few pieces and didn't see it. Also they seem to be a little shriveled. They honestly looked better when I first got them than they do now. Any thoughts?

And where would be the best placement for them? In relation to lighting and water movement? Thanks!!

Mushrooms will detach themselves if they don't like where you put them. They should be placed in low to moderate light (so near the bottom of your tank) and low flow.

I had one of my mushhrooms move to another rock. So I have one mushroom sitting all by itself. I also had two others that were floating around so I caught them and atached them to a piece of rock. They are doing real good.

mine take off from time to time. Nothin to worry about. It will reattach itself and unshrivel (is that word?) in a day or so after finding a good spot. I have found that orange and purple shrooms like low light, but my green stripes seem to do best higher up (like the middle) and with moderate flow. Just weird ones I guess

-Doc

Back