Mushroom

Colin

Reefing newb
I was looking around a tank today and saw that the purple mushrooms were a greyish purple. Is that some different kind of purple mushroom or does anyone know whats up with them?

Could be lighting or water quality causing some fading in your mushrooms. How long have you had them and has anything changed in your system lately?

One thing you'll notice as you go along in this hobby.Is that the colors of a l lot of corals will change or look different under different lights.

Oh thats all it is. It wasnt in my tank so Im not sure if it was the water quality or the lights. But now that I think about it they were pretty high up in the tank.

I have seen some of My Mushrooms look Gray, they usually get real small when they do it. But they always seen to be Bigger when they return to their full size. .

If you look at this pic of mine you`ll see blue ones, purple ones and some faded or grayish ones. All due to the light.

012_499600.jpg

I have a bunch of mushrooms that came as hitchhikers. Put the LR in almost a month ago. All are as white as my legs after a winter of no sun. What can I do to to "color" them up again? Thx, Coffeebean

It's a 2 bulb hood. For the 29g: a 24w 10,000k Daylight T5HO and a 24w 460 nm Actinic T5HO lamp. OTOH, was given yesterday; 55g and a 30 long. Also yesterday, went to the lfs and got salt, sand and put an order for a skimmer, I think it's a CPR something or other. And a 4 bulb hood. Will think about LED's after Wonton (hint-hint) writes her article on how she did it. CB

Back