Mussel

Becca

Reefing newb
Last night my husband notice that there is a mussel living on one of the live rocks, is this okay or shoudl i take it out of the tank?

it is a filter feeder food the one i use is called phyto plex there in a few others like micro vert, marine snow and a couple others i think. the mussel will get almost every thing from the water that it needs.

The mussel is actually good for your tank.They will feed on dissolved protiens.And that will help with nitrates.

every one that i have in my tank faces the rock i wish i could turn them aroun so that you could see them. i am thinking that this is normal for them as every one of them in my tank is facing the rock.???

every one that i have in my tank faces the rock i wish i could turn them aroun so that you could see them. i am thinking that this is normal for them as every one of them in my tank is facing the rock.???

Thats pretty much normal.Every one I've seen faces the rock.
I think they do that as protection against predators.

I use to have some up front in the tank... Lil guys, white insides, dark shells. then they moved behind the rocks... Id leave it. They are good!

Back