my 120 gal 3 months on

attachment.php
not the best picture of my tank but its the only 1 i have of the full tank !!

Attachments

• 2012_0308bazz0003.jpg
    2012_0308bazz0003.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 507
its sat in the corner of my lounge the fire place sticks out and i got the tank to fit into the space that was there so it looks like its all built in i love the tank i am just now slowly building my corals up but this tank has been up and running 3 months now and is going well had a few problems on the way but all good now !!!

Did the rocks start out dry? I started with pretty much all dry rock 4 months ago and it's taking sooo long for them to get that mature look!

I actually want a copoerband. Can you give me some advice?

Well I have had 2 copper bands previous and had no success but was at the lfs and saw the one I have now which had been there for a few days. I got them to feed it and it fed well and I just watched it for a while and decided to buy it and give it 1 last go at keeping 1. Once I got it home I slowly introduced it into my tank and kept lights out on tank for the rest of the day. The next day everything was looking good and fed it what the lfs was feeding it and it's been 3 weeks now and it mainly eats brine and some mysis but spends all day picking at the rocks and I have a good supply of algae and aptasia but I mainly just kept it eating and try not to stress it and fingers cross he is doing good

It looks fntastic. Admiring your Toadstool in the front, What is your secret for its beauty? How many watts in your lighting. Im looking t get my Toadstool to bloom. he's just sitting there.

well my tank is 5ft long and my lighting is only x4 22" bulbs x2 blue & 2 14000k bulbs .... i just give my corals very turbulant water i have 3 large wave makers and running a fluval fx5 filter that has a massive output and the wavemakers are very powerful i just have 2 at the top of the tank facing eacg other 1 in the bottom 1/3 of the tank pointing across the rocks and my filter pumping inat the centre of the tank pointing to each corner which gives me very turbulant water and the fish also love it and i also have a tourch coral who loves it to and i just put coral food in tank 3-4 times a week and all my water changes i do have all the important trace elements too !!

well my tank is 5ft long and my lighting is only x4 22" bulbs x2 blue & 2 14000k bulbs .... i just give my corals very turbulant water i have 3 large wave makers and running a fluval fx5 filter that has a massive output and the wavemakers are very powerful i just have 2 at the top of the tank facing eacg other 1 in the bottom 1/3 of the tank pointing across the rocks and my filter pumping inat the centre of the tank pointing to each corner which gives me very turbulant water and the fish also love it and i also have a tourch coral who loves it to and i just put coral food in tank 3-4 times a week and all my water changes i do have all the important trace elements too !!

sorry and the bulbs are only 24watts each !!

Well if you have 3 large wavemkers for your 120 gal. Then, for my 60 gal I should have 2 med.? Right now I have 1 Koralia 2 flow rate 2300L/H 600 gph. I think I should hav 2. 1 on the side wall and 1 on the back wall corner pointing downish? Or, l on both sides of the tank?

By the way what kind of backing is that on your tank? Is it paint or paper?

Well if you have 3 large wavemkers for your 120 gal. Then, for my 60 gal I should have 2 med.? Right now I have 1 Koralia 2 flow rate 2300L/H 600 gph. I think I should hav 2. 1 on the side wall and 1 on the back wall corner pointing downish? Or, l on both sides of the tank?

By the way what kind of backing is that on your tank? Is it paint or paper?

yeah i would just get another wavemaker and i just found pointing them at each other gave me good water movement maybe not direct but a few degrees away from direct !! and have a both sides of the tank ... and the back of my tank is painted blue i have tried backing paper and it always looked crap so i painted it !!!!
thanks
barry

Ok. Great. Just one more question. What kind of "coral food" do you use and how often?

Anyway your tank is an inspiration for me. I would really like to have a reef tank with all purple live rock white sand and all lavender or white color Toadstools of different sizes.

Ok. Great. Just one more question. What kind of "coral food" do you use and how often?

Anyway your tank is an inspiration for me. I would really like to have a reef tank with all purple live rock white sand and all lavender or white color Toadstools of different sizes.

the coral food i usually use is just frozen blocks and i just started using gamma nutraplus it contains , artemia, copepods,microalgae and rotifers and i have frozen blocks of rotifers too and feed them every other day and thanks for the comments on my tank i take massive pride in it ... its cost me loads in money but its worth it and this tank has only been up and running 3 months but alot of the stock came from the other tank i had set up which was a 50gal !!

Back