my 150 gal build thread

well here's the tank upon arrival at the house

https://www.livingreefs.com/members/meatwad0601-albums-tank-pics-picture479-150galtank-and-my-little-girl.html
meatwad0601-albums-tank-pics-picture479-150galtank-and-my-little-girl.html
meatwad0601-albums-tank-pics-picture479-150galtank-and-my-little-girl.html

Last edited:
It looks good to me. Why aren't you happy with it?

In fact now that i've seen all the pics, it looks great!

Last edited:
well i would have to take a pic of where the sides of top canopy line up, and im working on the panels where they come off all the way around for full acess, they are gonna be held on by magnets when im done. i just have to tweek how its put together right now.

In one of your pictures, it almost looks like your daughter is banging on the tank! Maybe she's trying to temper the glass for you. LOL

I love the tank. It looks great to me! I like how new tanks look when the sand is all settled. The clarity is so nice =)

finally some good news for a change. my insurance company sent me a check for the the money they still owed me from the wreck, which wasn't much but it did fund a few new additions to the tank. being im feeding a bit more now cause i added some new fish the other day i have a little algae coming up here and there. so i set out to get something to help clean. well i went down to the lfs and picked up some nassarius snails and two more turbos when i came across a starfish that i couldn't refuse. it was destiny, its a "Bradley Starfish" despite being 50 bucks i couldn't pass it up. ill post pics as soon as i finish acclimating my twice removed cousin in law to the tank

after 3 weeks of water changes I have gotten alot of the algae out.
IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

We bought 4 new turbo snails this past week and a lawnmower blenny to help with the rest of the algae. We hooked up the reactor today. Hopefully with another water change next week I will finally have it back under control. :^::^::^:

Back