My 265

Mr.Diggler

Smitten with Sookie
20130916_204634_zpsf7cef95a.jpg

My 75 gallon sprung a leak early this summer and after I recovered from that I decided to go big. It's still in the beginning stages.

That was definitely a big upgrade lol. What type of corals are you planning to keep in it? or is going to be a FOWLR? How big is your sump?

Good luck with it! :)

Thanks guys. I been working at my LFS part-time since June so about 40% of my cost(tank, stand and glass top) was covered by store credit. My wife would have castrated me if I spent actual money on this complete set-up.

I have an Eshopps R-300 sump with 2 Triton 5's and have 5 Koralia 1150's leftover from my 75. That's close to 200 pounds of live rock that I had in my 75 and have added to this tank so far The sand from my 75 dried out so it's been in a large tub slowly coming back to life. This tank will mainly be FOWLR, I'll probably put some lower light zoas in it. My lighting will be a hodgepodge of lighting I've accumulated to begin with, 350 watt MH combo with an additional 400 or so watts of 10K to 18 K fixtures.

My immediate stock to go into this tank- 1 3.5" picasso trigger, 1 3.5" undulate trigger, 1 3" tomato clown and 1 6.0" frog fish.
My clean up crew will be lean and a regular addition as triggers eat everything.

I've got another 80 pounds of rock I want to add and will use store credit for that.

can't wait to see you start adding fish! Not sure how a tomato clown will fare in that mix

Think I have to get a gig at a LFS!

Since you have the tank space, I'd recommend a Porcupine Puffer! They are a AWESOME fish :)!

They will actually remember you and associate you with food. They get excited when they see you, will let you hand feed them, and sometimes even pet them.

I have a small one thats about 2.5" that will actually cradle in my hand when it's in the tank lol.

My wife wants a puffer, I'm not sure I want another fish that will chew on my power head cords. If I were to get a puffer it would be a dog face. They max out around a foot. My Picasso trigger , Pablo, will let me gently rub him on his back. It's crazy.

My Puffer (Puffy xD) has never even looked at the power cords lol. He just hides under a rock at night, and sits at the front of the glass begging for food all day.

Back