My 29gallon biocube

tankedchemist

Reef enthusiast
So, the tank is now 3.5 months old, and basically complete... at least, I'm not adding any more livestock, so now I'm going to sit back and watch stuff grow! I just upgraded my lights this week, and added a much better skimmer. So I figured it's time to show off my work. :D

First, pre-upgrade photo just for comparison:

And post-upgrade:

FTS, showing lights:

Closer up:

Finally, the zoa/xenia corner of the tank:

Goodness, no. I don't want to be disowned from LR :P

Though, I'm planning my next tank-- 125gallon, so I can have a yellow tang and a chevron tang. :D

how long you had your hammer coral its nice. once it settle it will openup 3 times the size you must make sure calcium and mag is in the right range for this coral to thrive and in my experience they dont like much flow

Looking great Tank! I was just going through your pics, and in case you haven't already found the answer on this, your last "mystery creature" picture is a sundial snail. They are bad news! I hope you tossed it, and I hope you don't find any more. They eat Zoanthids. Check this out

Looking great Tank! I was just going through your pics, and in case you haven't already found the answer on this, your last "mystery creature" picture is a sundial snail. They are bad news! I hope you tossed it, and I hope you don't find any more. They eat Zoanthids. Check this out

Justin, That's a great site. One stop shopping for all your critters. Thanks!

The guy who put it together was real active on here for about a month, then fell off the face of the earth but I still go there quite a bit. There is a lot of helpful info.

Thanks everyone :D I'm proud of my baby.

Ck, It's not a hammer-- it's a branching frogspawn. Had it for about a month or so, I think. It's one of my favoritest corals ever. Those photos aren't as spread out as it gets-- I took the pictures later in the day, so the frogspawn was sleepy. :) It started to turn red under the PCs, but even in just the few days since I've changed the lights, it's a lot greener. I can't wait to see it all green again!

Sen, I went with 24" 2xwhite t5HOs, 2x actinics. Don't remember the wattage and brand (will add that when I get home tonight), but the fixture is awesome.... it's got adjustable legs, and I was able to connect two fixtures together for a total of 4 tubes. I think it looks awesome. The reason I didn't go with MH is heat issues, and I didn't go with the 20" nova fixture primarily because my LFS can't get them, and the fixture is a non-standard size, so bulbs would also be hard to come by.

mng-- thanks, but one of you guys told me that, and I did remove them. That damn zoa rock had so many issues... even after takng the sundials off, FW dip and iodine soak, a few weeks later it started having yet more issues with some spaggetti worms irritating it. so I actually fragged the rock, and took a few healthy polyps off... the rest of it is slowly dying in my copepod culture tank. That thing pissed me off, so it got death. :D

oh, and yote... I can't add anything new. no space! And I'll be on vacation for 2 of those weeks. BUT, I"ll probably start buying stuff for my next tank... just to avoid over populating this one. :)

mng-- thanks, but one of you guys told me that, and I did remove them. That damn zoa rock had so many issues... even after takng the sundials off, FW dip and iodine soak, a few weeks later it started having yet more issues with some spaggetti worms irritating it. so I actually fragged the rock, and took a few healthy polyps off... the rest of it is slowly dying in my copepod culture tank. That thing pissed me off, so it got death. :D
Wow, sorry to hear of all the trouble, but I am glad that it's behind you now.

I ended up going with AquaticLite T5s that I got from my local store. They're actually 24" fixtures, but have adjustable legs. I got two of them, for a total of 4 bulbs-- two actinic, two 12k.

Back