My 46g Bow Front Tank by Sakura2282

Sorry to hear about your lights.
From your pics it looks like just red slime, or cyano to me.
Just keep removing as much as possible with your wc and a blackout followed by a large wc is a good idea.
Your corals are looking good, and growing nicely.

Thanks! I will as soon as I can. ;)

Fish Update.

Today I bought a new mate for my male black clownfish "Emo nemo" her name is "Natty" my mother's contribution. She's been very active and so far hasn't let Rusty intimidate her, but as always he's been defending his territory as crazy. I think Natty and Emo will be happy together. :)

Here is a picture of her.

2014-03-18 17.26.07.jpg
2014-03-18 17.32.04.jpg

CUC Update.

I added some new snails to my CUC. They are a total o six cerith snails that I will call "The guys", I really needed some more snails taking in count that I only had my two astraea snails and the brittle which doesn't do much except for hiding all day long lol.

2014-03-18 17.26.00.jpg

gonna look good in time Sakura(looks nice now tho) with more corals.that pinky red coraline always seems to grow on my rocks but my coraline on my back glass is always green.anyway looking nice:thumbsup:;)

CUC Update.

I added some new snails to my CUC. They are a total o six cerith snails that I will call "The guys", I really needed some more snails taking in count that I only had my two astraea snails and the brittle which doesn't do much except for hiding all day long lol.

View attachment 22355
Just look how crazy the brittles get at night:sneaky:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 244
Parameters.

All my water parameters have been stable since I started my tank, except for my nitrates. But I must say that after getting my skimmer that have improved a lot.

PH 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 5.0 (I've waited a long time to see them like this)
Salinity 1.025 - 1.026
Temperature 78

Hi Cherry Blossom!!;):) Nice to see you, your Duncan is looking GOOD! Those numbers are nice to see:thumbsup: Just keep up the routine and they will continue to come down for you.

Lanmower Blenny Update.

My beautiful blenny now looks like a ghost of herself. She's got to the point were is almost a shadow of what she used to be. My dottyback "Rusty" didn't help much either, he was giving her a very hard time not letting her get any food, I was desperate thinking she was going to starve to her death. I came home one day to see him all over her keeping her in a corner, not letting her swim to the rocks to get her food so I move some rocks and built her a shelter using some smaller rocks. It's like a safe place in that corner, where she is able to hide if she feels afraid without having to go to the bigger rocks.

For quite a long time I've been trying to feed her prepare food, but she wouldn't care for it. But this day, after I built her the shelter I was praying God believe it or not to make her eat. I when to the fridge and got some frozen formula two and let the food thaw for a while. I had all this plan in my head of how to feed her. I turn my powerheads off fed Rusty and the clowns with some frozen formula one and after they were full I started adding the formula two to the tank making sure the food would fall next to the Blenny. I thought it was going to be that easy, but when Rusty so the food going down her way, he started to swim to the corner I was feeding making sure the blenny wouldn't get out to get the food. The blenny of course was hiding, not even near to come out the rocks.

I didn't know what else to do to keep Rusty away the corner so I decided to put my stick (the "stick of punishment" as I should call it) inside the tank to keep Rusty away the corner, but I couldn't keep him away and try to make the food fall in the right place at the same time, and then something wonderful happened. My female clown now rename "Mimi", then came and started pushing him off the corner helping me to keep him away (the clowns don't care about the stick lol). She followed him all over the tank making sure he wouldn't get close to where I was feeding nor the blenny, my male clown stayed behind like guarding the place while she was on the run. I continue throwing the food in the tank and just waited for the blenny to come out and try it. We were like that for almost an hour and a half, the female clown still keeping Rusty away, not letting her guard down at any moment. After all this time, I was almost giving up when we saw her, she came out and started to eat the food, she's been eating the food since then. She doesn't eat too much though, so for that I told my mother she should be feeding her the same way I did and that it wouldn't matter if she has to turn the powerheads off for and hour, just make sure the blenny is eating and that I would do the same in the afternoon when I get home from work.

I must say I was so happy, it was the first time I saw here eating the frozen food. I was so amuse for the behave of my clowns, an so proud of them. The way they were protecting the blenny was something I wouldn't believe if I haven't watched it myself.

These are some pictures I took today of her. I really hope she can make it. One thing I know for sure is that I have to keep her in my tank. I'm not even going to try to put her out to take her to the LFS because sure thing she will die. I'm gonna try to keep feeding her as frequently as I can. My skimmer is working as crazy for all the nutrients, but so far we have seem some improvements on her. I do believe it will take a long time for her to recover and be a healthy fish again, but I will do my best for her, even when I know she's a very picky eater.

2014-03-31 13.00.21.jpg
2014-03-31 17.42.52.jpg
2014-03-31 17.43.12.jpg
2014-03-31 17.36.57.jpg
2014-03-31 17.37.13.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-03-31 17.47.00.jpg
    2014-03-31 17.47.00.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 267
Hi Cherry Blossom!!;):) Nice to see you, your Duncan is looking GOOD! Those numbers are nice to see:thumbsup: Just keep up the routine and they will continue to come down for you.
Hello Aquarian! nice to see you too and thanks ;). Yes, is so nice to see them low, I still have the red slime algae, but it's improving too.

Glad to read it is eating:)
My LMB would never touch any food I put in the tank. All he would do is graze on the rocks and glass. I had him for about 5 years and as far as I know he is still going strong. He was an alpha blenny though:D
Hope things continue to go well and there is nothing wrong with asking God for a little intervention;):)

Glad to read it is eating:)
My LMB would never touch any food I put in the tank. All he would do is graze on the rocks and glass. I had him for about 5 years and as far as I know he is still going strong. He was an alpha blenny though:D
Hope things continue to go well and there is nothing wrong with asking God for a little intervention;):)
Thanks Nick! :)

Lawnmower Blenny Update.

My Blenny is doing so much better now. She had started to come out when is feeding time and is starting to feel better again. I can see the change in her behavior. I'm so happy! :D I have to say that so far, the treatment I put her under is working just fine. :thumbsup:

These are some pictures I took today, to share her progress.

2014-04-04 15.03.01.jpg
2014-04-04 15.02.33.jpg
2014-04-04 15.02.25.jpg
2014-04-04 15.02.12.jpg

Back