My 75 gallon reef

JaxGirl

Reefing newb
Here is my 75 gallon, set up Jan '10. Started out with a 55 gallon but upgraded when I moved. I noticed the 55 had a small crack in it, so in the dumpster it went. It has 100+ lbs of LR, barebottom, 20 gal refuge (hopefully going larger once I can get my paws on a cheap 55 gal). I buy tiny tiny frags. I like to watch things grow. And I don't want my tank to fill up to a point where I can't add anything new. Once I get to that point, I will upgrade again :mrgreen:

For coral, I have a frogspawn, torch coral, acan echinata, lots of zoas, mushrooms, bubble coral, small brain coral frag, GSP, blasto, clove polyps

For livestock, I have 2 clowns, lawnmower blenny. and for CUC, 2 emeralds, 2 peppermint shrimp, 20-30 astrea snails, 5-10 bumblebee snails, 1 mexican turbo, and various stomatella snails.

by the way, i LOVE pictures..lol

FTS from 6 months ago.....haven't taken one recently.
1000x500px-LL-fc483626_FTS.jpg

torch and frogspawn, they have since been moved. They kept stinging each other.
TorchSting2.jpg

acan echinata
echinata.jpg

Brain frag
Brain.jpg

ZOAS
Zoas-2.jpg

ZoasLED2.jpg

ZoasLED3.jpg

ZoasLED.jpg

zoas3.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

GSP under LEDs
GSPLED.jpg

blasto
IMG_4491.jpg

clove's under LED
IMG_0482.jpg

blue shroom
IMG_3081.jpg

MORE

pink and blue shroom
IMG_3076.jpg

My inhabitants

my female clown
IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

my little guy
Img_0172.jpg

lawnmower blenny
LMBB.jpg

lmbbb.jpg

one of the peppermints
Img_0244.jpg

Emerald doing his job
Emerald-1.jpg

my turbo
20648_539555431512_208102267_32069123_961082_n.jpg

stomatellas
IMG_0455.jpg

BlackStomatella.jpg

Damn! Jax your gonna give d2 a run for his money with nice pics like those!

Lol thx, d2 takes some amazing photos.

That lighter colored clown swimming in the blue water is definitely POTM material!

Thanks, I wish it wasn't so blurry. But that little bugger swims so fast. Almost impossible to get a clear shot. Oh, and I put that snail picture in the POTM hehe

Wow, looks great!

Thank you little_fish :wave:

Very nice.....looks like we have another good photographer for POTM's :Cheers:
I like the bare bottom look too,definitely different

Just got a chance to look your thread over and its pretty sweet. Awesome pics as well. I look forward to seeing more if your tank build.

thank you so much. I hope to buy something new this weekend. besides new bulbs and a new skimmer (which has croaked). My bulbs are about a year old now, time for new ones. I should have bought some a few months ago. But oh well.

Your tank looks great so far though! Glad to have you aboard this site. Enjoy your stay!

Keep us updated!

Thanks! I am happy to be here. I was a member of some other message boards, but this one is nicer :)

Hey Jax I was just having fun. I couldnt resist that one. I only buy frags now as well, its slow going but I enjoy watching them grow as well. Mostly sps.

Back