My cup runneth over...

jb61264

Reefing newb
After upsizing my protein skimmers air pump and water pump, I am a estatic with the results...here is a shot of my skimmer 4 hours after officially starting it up:

P1010173.jpg

wow! thats some awesome foam production! what brand of skimmer is that? and what kind of pump did you uprade from? what did you replace it with?

wow! thats some awesome foam production! what brand of skimmer is that? and what kind of pump did you uprade from? what did you replace it with?
It's called a Sea Reef by Amiracle...to tell you the truth, I don't know if they are still in business or not...I kept it from my first reef setup 13 years ago.

I was running a Whisper 10 air pump and upgraded to a Whisper 40 (which was on my freshwater...the Whisper 10 puts out enough for my freshwater so this was a nice switch). The water pump was an AquaClear 20 that I bought at the LFS...they let me switch it to upgrade to an AquaClear 50...now I have liftoff! :bounce:

Gotta love it when things work like they should.
Looks like those upgrades did the trick.

no kidding. been 6 months since I got .y super skimmer..... hasn't worked right yet. 3 floods down. good thing its on a tile floor. that is till the end of the month. then its carpet. :eek:

no kidding. been 6 months since I got .y super skimmer..... hasn't worked right yet. 3 floods down. good thing its on a tile floor. that is till the end of the month. then its carpet. :eek:

I just started running a CSS 125 about a month ago.Its not give me any problems yet.Just a lot of black stinkin skimmate.

Back