my equipment so far....skimmer?

knothole

Reefing newb
so i have posted a few questions on here and do not feel like i have anything to add to questions asked by most yet. i hope to know more and more and this forum has helped.:mrgreen: so i thought i would post some pics of what i have thus far and ask a skimmer question. another skimmer question that is. but first the 62gallon i purchased and rest of equipment all seperate...the light on the tank is a double end 150mh but rated for 175 (didn't know 175 only came in the screw in style):frustrat:. and it has 2 65w pc's as well. i also have 2 96w pc's i'll add if i need more light. the color on the back of the door is the stain i will use for the whole thing. i need to build a bigger canopy so the light is not so close to the water. the sump on the outside with new overflow i will use but not the coralife skimmer, it is rated for 65 gallons and from reading i want at least double the tank. so i bought a precision marine with no pump for 50 bucks and it is big. i think it is plumbed wrong from what i have seen online. also can it go outside the sump? if anyone with a pm skimmer has some pics of theirs i would love to see them and know demensions and what size your pump is. mine has a diameter of 7.75" and is 25.75" tall chamber is 6" diameter. i think it is an xl 1 but not sure....can't wait to start but have to wait for $$$ and wife wants wood floors first.....

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 303
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 319
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 277
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 303
as soon as i can but it is looking like june....i just need power heads for in the tank and something for that skimmer. still have to clean it all as well. i filled the tank to check for leaks and after a few days it was full of this string like snot looking milky colored stuff? nasty looking so i drained most of it and cleaned walls with a rag then left it empty for now. is it better to be stored with water in it?

I wouldnt store it with water.I'd dry it out good,then when I was ready to set it up,clean it good with vinegar.
The slimy snot stuff could have been anything.Probably from the water supply.

Back