My first 29gal. Yay!

Eissie

Reefing newb
Well guys this is my 29gal. Biocube. I think everything is pretty healthy and good looking, though im new so maybe not heh.
But either way here ya go.
1 Clown
1 Striped Damsel
1Blue green Damsel
1 Coral Beauty Angel
1 Anemone (not sure type)
1 Feather duster
1 Starfish (dont know type)
And several inverts. Though, I know not nearly enough.
SANY0071.jpg

I see this is your first tank, remember PATIENCE, and some else in the forums put it right, I don't keep a reef tank, I keep water.

Best of luck to you, and may it be everything you hope, that's a great start.

how long has this tank been up and running? it looks good, just hope you didnt rush into things and buy bunches of stuff (especially the anemone) before your tank was ready for it all. did you let it cycle before adding livestock?

Yes, the tank has been cycled. When i bought the tank i brought lots of buckets and coolers and stored the water. so it was set back up with the same water. I didnt put anything new in for a good month or more. I test every other week and everything seems fine. All in good ranges thus far. The anemone anf feather duster is fed twice a week with "reef bugs". Thanks for the worries, but i didnt rush things. :)

just keep an eye on the nem, they like a mature tank( around a year or so)...
the tank is looking good though ..:D

That's a nice looking tank...good job. That anemone looks like a condy also, if so, then your clown isn't gonna host it.

Well i had been wondering why it wasn't showing any intrest in it. But at the time i didn't really ask. The anemone has a bad habbit of going in between my rocks and just barely sticking its little tenticals out. :D But what type would make a good home for my clown? Or would 2 anemones be to much for my tank?

I would return that nem and wait until your tank is around a year old before getting one. They are some the more difficult animals to keep in this hobby and can nuke your whole tank if it dies.

Also you have a lot of fish i there for your tank only being a month old. You should only be adding one fish every 3 weeks. Plus you are a bit over stocked, personally i would return the damsels because they are evil, mean fish.

Nothing good happens fast in this hobby and i highly suggest you slow down

The fish came with the tank and no one wants to buy them back. Done tried. Cause yeah, they are the devil.
And I have only had the tank a month, but it had been set up at least three years. The same water is in it that was in it the whole time. Or is it the same thing wether or not it's the same water?

The water has nothing to do with it, and you should be doing water changes.

IMO a tank starts over when you move it, but having the totally live rock does help things.

Moving a tank shakes up all the crud that has built up over the years and releases what is in the sand, which can be a serious issue but it looks like you avoided that.

Yeah, guess i squeezed outta that one.
I have been doing partial water changes, but i have been using treated tap water. I got the most expensive treatment i could find. Says it removes several things, though, after i have read this forum i see thats not the best idea. So i have been on the search for a ro filter, but i have already spent so much on this tank the hubby is a bit weary on spending so much on a filter. Hopefully i can get that out of him though. Along with a cleaner crew because i dont have anywhere near enough in my tank.
Does anyone know where i could get a used filter? Or even what size i need?

I have 2 condy anemones that I got when my tank was about 4 months old have had them for months now just fine dont be afraid of them they are very hardy.
Most aquarium stores will sell RODI water for pretty cheap you can even get it presalted if you want.

Well so far he/she isnt paying any attention to it. Haha. And honestly i havent had any problem with the anemone, but who knows. I would like to have more corals and things one day. My tank setting is pretty blah. xD

Back