My First Aiptsasia HELP!!

Burnsss

Reefing newb
Hey All,

I,m pretty sure that I have my first aiptasia. Talk to different people some say keep it some say get rid of it as soon as possible. I would like your insights on it. I'll get rid of it if it will cause me bigger probs down the line. Also some people in the forums were saying that they spread quickly but I'm pretty sure I've had mine for at least a couple months and still only have one.

thanks again guys

Got a pic so we can id it? If it is joe's juice will work. Also squirting it with boiling water or making a salt paste and putting it over it.

Get rid of them. I used a peppermint shrimp to get rid of mine but its a 50/50 chance that a peppermint will take care of the problem. Some do and some dont. My first pepermint didnt touch them...the second one i bought got rid of them all in a matter of 2-3 days.

If its aiptasia,kill it just as quick as you can.Just make sure its not a hitch hiking coral before you deliver the death blow.

I have one too :( it came with some new zoanthids I just got... and it is getting bigger! I didn't know peppermint shrimp could take care of them!

Peppermint shrimps will not eat the larger ones.

Depends what you concider "large". I have had peppermint take one down that was atleast 1" in diameter.

I have always had luck with peppermints. Joe's juice will only get you so far. Also, peppermint shrimp are usually the same, if not cheaper than Joe's juice, well atleast at my LFS.

Good luck

Back