my first coral!

fishbait

I found Nemo
007.JPG

I went to my lfs today for a few blue legged hermit crabs to munch on some algae. but when i got there i found this beutiful xenia. maybe my percula clowns will host it. any info on xenia corals will be great! this is my first coral. dont think my anemone will bother it. he hasnt moved in two weeks. i fed the coral some phytoplankton and zoo plankton after i got him home. he opened up and ate like crazy and has stayed open since. so maybe he will be happy in his new home

thanks yote. my camera lies a little. he is actually a light green. at least on the tips. his stalk is kinda pinkish. i guess the camera is picking up the blue from the actinics.

Xenias are easy to take care of,They will thrive if have small trace of nitrate.
Just give it decent flow,and moderate light and it'll be fine and grow fast.

Looks good. I added 3 colonies of pom pom xenia on a shell about two weeks ago and there doing fine my trates are at 5 ppm. Every thing Ive heard about them say there easy to care for, so good luck with the new corals.

...Explanation for all the head banging: Jelly used to have a nice blue xenia. Until Jerm lost it in a hole in the live rock, it was never to be seen again :D.

sorry for the loss jelly, but i must ask. how in the world do you lose a coral in your tank and not find it?:confused: :confused:

It's happened to me about... 5 times. The frags are sometimes really small. They get blown off a rock or out of your hand by a powerhead and disappear into some rocks... It sucks.

jerm found a hole in the rock and said hey it will look good here let it go and we looked up and it was gone apparently the hole was deeper then he thought.

Back