my first coral!

this coral is amazing to watch. he has came to life soo much since i brought him home. the pic was taken only a few hours after i brought him home. the lfs i bought him from only had 90 watts of light in his 55 gallon display tank. the poor thing was closed up and not very active when i bought him. it took a couple hours before he opened up. after 3 or 4 days he was extended at least three times the size of when i bought him. now it's been nearly a week and he's actually pulsing. not really fast like some others i have seen. but still very beutiful. probally not very exciting to you guys since you have had corals for a while. but it's kept me quite amuzed. just adding to my addiction that much more.

Shoot fish,I still get all excited over adding a few snails,lol.
Trust me,,It only gets worse,the more you get into it,the worse it gets.Kinda like crack or something.

lol, thats no joke guys. i went for a couple hermit crabs and ended up buying this coral. i went today to get some ro water and came back with a yellow tang. it's allmost a every weekend thing.

I know the feeling Fish. I go to the LFS thinking I'm just going to get one small thing and walk out with over 100 bucks worth of stuff every time. I went to "just look" and ended up getting my first corals LOL. I would join a 12 step program but I'm afraid they would make me give up my tank.

yep, or make you switch to a 5 gallon freshwater. with pink gravel and fake plants. sporting a 20 watt incandescent blue lightbulb......with guppies!

fishbait said:
yep, or make you switch to a 5 gallon freshwater. with pink gravel and fake plants. sporting a 20 watt incandescent blue lightbulb......with guppies!

Hmmm that sounds a lot like my very first fish tank when I was a kid...ummmm more than a few years ago....Nope not going to cut it for me.

I think I will blame this addiction on my mother for letting me win a goldfish with the ping pongs at the fair LOL.

All im gonna say is thank God for over time,I really need to stop going into work early so I can get off before my LFS closes.

fishbait said:
Oh Geez!The nightmare.
I hope I never see a tank like that again,reminds me of my childhood.

Back