my first mushrooms...

Cheeser

I Love Reefer
ok this is what they looked like the first night i brought em home. ..

020812181110.jpg

they actually looked bigger at the store. they shriveled up a bit in the bag. i took like 4 or 5 hrs acclimating the rock. ..after a couple hrs they looked like the above pic for the rest of the night.

i started em off at the bottom of my tank and moved my light more to the back to give em a bit of shade....and slowly gave em more light and moved em more toward the top as the day went on. i have a GLO t5. im not sure if its HO i bought it used. it has two bulbs.

this is what they look like now...

021312104546.jpg

do they look ok? sometimes they look a little more spread out. i target fed em microvert one day and chromaplex a couple days later and they seemed to open up a bit more those days...

my anemone is doing great. looks healthier than ever.

i had the shrooms at the top of my tank for a while but i moved em more like to the middle so i can see how they look when i get home...
all my parameters are good...

any advice?

maybe i should move them to the bottom?

your anemone will NOT be able to live with that low of lighting. i wouldnt feed the shrooms eaither. i think mine expand way more when i dotn feed.

crazy...so how long usually before the shrooms starts to look better? its been about a week. should i put them back to the top of my tank closer to the light?
and for the nem...he seems to be fine. i got him from a buddy with a 45gallon with a smaller version of the fixture that i have. he had the nem for like a year. i read a few places that the ltas dont really need a super bright light. but they do better in low to moderate lighting in an 'aged' tank...
should i get rid of him if he seems fine? ive had him for like a month. and he seems to like where hes at...

ill take some pics tonite... but...
is there anything i can do for my mushrooms to open up or should i just wait it out?
or are they not gonna get any better until i get better lighting?

also ...ill take a pic of my light fixture...
the guy i bought it off of had a 55 with a few hard corals in it and a few shrooms and polyps. im not too sure if he had a nem but i bought it cus i figured "this guy grew all this stuff with this fixture so i guess it should suffice."
i am saving my pennies though so i can invest in the marineland reef capable leds...

Surviving and flourishing are not the same thing.

Also try putting the shroom where there is very little flow. Mine look that way when i hit them with a blast of water

Back