My fish is gone?

Aquatic Pet

Reefing newb
Very weird thing happened tonight. I went to feed my tank tonight and noticed one of my clowns was missing? It was there this morning but gone tonight. I took everything out of the tank and can not find it? I checked all around in the filter, in the filter, protein skimmer, powerheads, took out all the rock and it is not there. Do you guys think my emerald crab could of ate it? This is really strange, it is just gone!

Very likely, but he could also be hiding. Removing the rocks would only encourage him to squish farther up in the hole he is hiding in. Also if your fish is ill and hiding, rearranging the rocks is only going to stress them out more. I wouldnt suggest totally redoing your just to look for missing, it could cause further stress and a mini cycle.

Yeah i thought about that after i started. I did a partial change because of the stirring up the settlement. Just very strange. I really dont think he is in the tank. I think a crab ate him or as i told my daughter, nemo went to fish heaven. :(

I've had this happen myself, it's bewildering, often when they die they are impossible to find. No use looking for them. Sorry to hear about your MIA fishie.

Back