My friend is building a coral farm

OurFishies

Reef-aholic
My friend is building a system to do some reef farming. I had suggested that he record experience from the beginning (as it is a pretty neat set up in my book!).

I thought I would share. I don't know exactly how many gallons, but I do know that he has over 600 lbs of rock so far...

I thought I would share http://www.livingcoralreef.com/blog/ :^:

Pretty cool me and buddy actually want to start our own LFS and do coral farming also. But, we need a really important element to do it. MONEY.

Isn't that the truth? I believe a lot of friends are going to offer frags to get him going, but he has had some family help out to get it going. I think it is going to be pretty awesome when it is up and running all of the way though!

HELL YEAH. Im starting a 15gal Frag Farm plumbed into my main system. I know its not much but it will grow what I need. If I had a place to put a store I would I;d still work, but my buddy, who is a biology major would run it. He wants to do tank maint also. How much money do you think it would take to get a store going?

I think with the internet and websites like craigslist we will see more and more people selling frags that look awesome and have a good price tag all from there home if they have the right setup. So anybody that wants to coral farm at home I'm cool with it.

Back