my mangroves just arrived...

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
I spent 30.00 for shipping so my mangroves could be sent UPS ground. The baby trees were wrapped in a bunch in wet newspaper and then a thin layer of cellophane. The box spent all day on a truck. It is -7 degrees outside. I was watching for the package so it didn't spend more than 30 mins outside in the snow. Anyone want to guess how solid the mangrove-tree-ice-brick is? If the company doesn't fix this, I'll be sure to trash them on the vendor's board. :grumble:

catherine

Where did you order them from Catherine?
I dont know how well mangroves can handle being froze.But it IS a tree,and most trees can take it pretty well.

They are from California. I'm soaking the whole root system in my refugium. Doing everything for them and hopefully they will survive. I know the mangroves in Florida don't get frozen.

It's funny how these things are even for sale.
I live in SW Florida and these things are all over the place....hundreds of thousands.
I should pick-up a handful from the backyard and start cashing in!!!

CHA CHA CHA CHING!

I just got an email from the seller. They didn't realize that the weather here in Wisconsin was cold. They want me to give them one week and they will replace any trees that don't survive. I suppose that's fair. My trees have almost defrosted to the point that I can separate them now but I'm not going to plant them 'till tomorrow.

Catherine

Back