My Nemo wont eat

donlankford

Addicted Reefer
I got two ocellaris clownfish for my niece's for xmas. Since they have been in the tank only the bigger of the two has been eating. Ive given them pellets at first and then whole brine shrimp. The past few days they have gotten some flaked food. Now there is a whole bunch of purple coralline algae for the to eat but i atleast thought he would eat the shrimp. Any suggestions would be greatly apprieciated Thank.

Try spiralina brine shrimp its more nutrtisous. Try reef munchies everyone love that shit lol. And then try soaking food in garlic exract and/or selon it will intice them to eat

Was the tank cycled? Any other inhabitants? Coraline algae is not something that is edible. Try some mysis or emerald entree. They should only need a small amount of food every other day....

Fish only need to eat the size of there eye ball to servive but just like I eat 6 small meals a day so does my tank. Smaller meals more often make happier and brighter fish.

Well, you also have a large, established tank. Feeding 6 times a day in a new 30 gallon tank is not something that many would suggest.

I feed them twice a day when i wake up and then around 5 o'clock. The tank has been cycled. and i have a firefish and a scooter blenny also. That is all that im going to put in the tank. Outside of the guys i got in my clean up crew. I catch them picking off of the algae, didnt know it wasnt edible. Thanks you SarahSmile and tattooreef for the info.

Back