My New 120G In-Wall

rarment

Reefing newb
This is my first post of many on here! I had my tank setup several years ago, but took it down and it has been sitting in my basement since. I figured it was time to get it back up and running. So I thought I would go ahead and build it into a wall while I was at it. I've got a 120 gallon with corner overflows and a 55 gallon sump that I'm building. I'm still in the construction phase, and it will be at least 3 weeks as I am in Saudi Arabia for work right now.

I've only bought a few things for the tank so far, but let me know what you think. It's a little hard to imagine what it's going to look like when it's done, but hopefully my friend will finish the drywall for me while I'm gone!! Then it should just be a matter of a little electrical and I should be up and running!

This is the support ring below the tank, also where the sump will sit
IMG_0843.jpg

This is a shot of the front wall of the tank
IMG_0844.jpg

Back side of the tank and it's support. Also the aisle to the other side of the tank
IMG_0846.jpg

The few things I have bought for the tank so far! Many more to come in the next couple of weeks!
IMG_0849.jpg

I have a feeling I'm going to be glad I bought these once it's up and running!!!
IMG_0847.jpg

So hopefully when I get home, I will have more goodies waiting for me! I need to get some new overflows because the old ones need replaced. I need to get a new RO unit and I also need to get a new pump, I'm thinking a Rio HyperFlow 32HF. And a new skimmer, I'm thinking a reef Octopus Extreme 200? And then I need to get the baffles installed into the sump and everything plumbed. Thoughts on the equipment???

i wouls think about going with an external pump like a blueline hd or blueline velocity pump they last a lot longer than the rio ones do i use to have a rio 17hf on my 75 but i had to replace them about every 2 years

Awesome! New builds are fun :) Your tank looks like my 125g, with the dual overflows in the back. Can't wait to see it up and running!

I can't wait to get home and start working on my tank again!!

I will look into going with an external pump! That is a good idea!

And you can borrow my Vorecs if you can find them! :)

i'm running a 32hf as my main return pump, so far i've been happy with it, but ive only had it for about a month...

lookn good so far... keep comming with thoes pics...

I've heard good things about the Rio Hyper Flow, so I might give them a try. I might go with an external pump down the road, but I will probably stick with the Rio for now.

Hopefully my friend is finishing the wall while I am away and I will be able to update with more pics once I get home!!

going with an external pump later would be annoying. you'd have to drill your sump, which means taking it all apart. yuck.

As for skimmers, octo's are great. I love my ETSS evolution 750, too, so you could check those out.

Back