My new baby octopus :)

bimac is the species of octopus she has otherwise known as octopus bimaculatus (california two spot octopus) they are the least likely to escape, often creating a bond with their owner to where they can actually pull them outside the tank in hand for short periods of time. other species kept in the home aquarium are more likely to try to escape. where these species are rarely reported to make an escape attempt. another cool thing about bimacs are they are daytime active.

some updated pics - eating

august2007049.JPG

august2007047.JPG

and some video :)

YouTube - Mr Octopus 2

YouTube - Mr Octopus

cool pics. ill have to watch vids later since I'm on my phone. don't suppose you were planning on answering any questions?

I don't have anything right now. I have been doing lots and lots of research on octopus for the last 6 months or so. I have my goal set to have one in my 80 gallon by this winter. just making sure it gets established and the water quality is perfect before I take the plunge on my amazing pet :)

I know. its such a major comitment that I want to make sure its perfect. Thier natural lifespan is so short that I need to make sure that I can enjoy its entire life. I want to have one like years ago... but patience is the name of the game and i need to make sure the conditions are perfect. itll be fun watching yours grow as i wait for mine though :)

Last edited:
Hi Winy,

Can you post a picture of the full 850? I like the pictures you have added to you gallery so far - but I'd love to see if a full view!

Back