my new fish

Fireplug

Reefing newb
I got my first fish yesterday. Of course it was a "NEMO". Wife wants a foxface later anyone with advice on that fish?

Foxface are a nice fish for your tank. The 75g will be just fine for them. They love to eat algae, but will also welcome meaty frozen food. They are venomous so yo uneed to be careful of their dorsal fin because that's where the stingers are. Mine would also kill and eat any type of shrimp I had in the tank or tried to add to the tank.

I love my foxface, they're such cool fish. Mine has always been really skiddish though. I've got to move very slowly around my tank so I don't scare him.
Mine would also kill and eat any type of shrimp I had in the tank or tried to add to the tank.

I've always wondered what happened to my cleaner shrimp, I wonder if I should even try another one.

lol.... it will eat it

:shock: I hope you're just trying to be funny :P

Foxfaces are actually wusses. Mine would not leave his corner unless the banggai cardinal or the clownfish accompany it around the tank. And since I added the kole tang and coral beauty, he swims around with them. He will not be caught dead alone on the other end of the tank.

They're awesome though. Mine eats seaweed out of my hand :)

I love my foxface, they're such cool fish. Mine has always been really skiddish though. I've got to move very slowly around my tank so I don't scare him.

I've always wondered what happened to my cleaner shrimp, I wonder if I should even try another one.

I have actually seen my foxface kill and eat 4 pep shrimp. Once the FF started after the shrimp then the yellow tang would join in as well. I finally stopped adding shrimp. I added a few at night and they are all gone within a few days.

Yeah, Foxface is one of my first fish and I love him..He's a great fish...but they are "With Caution" on Liveaquaria...Mine ate a branch of acropora...(while I was watching him)....so I can't even blame one of the other fish...IME, just keep him fed, and he'll leave stuff alone...Once you get him on a good feeding schedule, don't change it up if you've got SPS

Back