My New Sebae Anemone

I think Hannah listed your options earlier, but a six bulb T5 fixture or LEDS are your best bet on a standard 29.

Also with a tank that size, you don't really NEED a protein skimmer. Just stay regular on your water changes.

Thanks - I will look in to that.
And I am glad I don't need a skimmer because my space is pretty limited. I don't know if I could do a refugium although it would be nice to have one. I wish I could start over with a bigger tank and a better set up!

I don't really want to go overkill - I'd prefer not to spend a crazy amount... I like the look of the ones that hang over head. How do I acclimate everything for lighting?

59680_10100434598859192_344930393_n.jpg

It is getting more color than before.... I do have a ton of particles floating around in my tank getting circulated all over the place. Suggestions?

I agree with everyone. The first thing you should focus on is new lighting. Anemones require high lighting. If you don't keep the anemone healthy it could die and release toxins into your tank. Nobody wants that happening. We are all here to help you learn and keep your tank and living creatures healthy. Sometimes it feels like a slap in the face when you find out you need to do all these other things and your lfs didn't tell you any of that but don't feel bad it happens to lots of people like that. I'm sure you're guy at your lfs cares a great deal about his animals but some people are misinformed or just don't have the expirience to know what some animals require. Best thing is to always research something before you buy it so you know what's it requirments are and you know you can keep it healthy. Even if that means pulling out your smartphone(of you have one) right at the store real quick instead of asking an employee that will give you false information and make you regret buying it. I hope there was at least a little token of good advice in there and I wish you the best of luck with your new anemone. Also check out Craigslist and eBay for lighting fixtures as there are people getting out of the hobby that sell equipment on there and you could find a good deal.

I am on my third light from Aquatraders all have worked very well for me, I have no complaints. To acclimate your stock to the new light there are a few methods. I would start off with the light only being on a very short amount of time like 45 minutes to a hour. every second or third day increase the time by 15 minutes until you reach the time you want. I have heard of people using mesh screens to block the light and slowly taking them away. I have never tried that method, just seems a pain in the ass to me.

Back