my new tangs

tankedchemist

Reef enthusiast
So, I got two tangs at the "new" LFS-- they were already in the same tank. I got a golden naso and a sailfin-- but the sailfin looks like a desjardini to me. The sailfin follows the naso around.pics soon

tangs.jpg

thanks! They've already eaten both mysis and algae sheets, so it looks pretty good. I'm rearranging my living room so I can have a chair right by the tank, I think. :D

So guys, any good name ideas?

Those are good looking fish, but......and I hate to sound like Mr. Negativity, but you picked 2 of the largest tangs and even a 125 isn't big enough for them long term. The Naso will grow to 18" and the sailfin to 16". Your tank isn't big enough for both those large fish.
I just wish more research would go into these purchases. There are sooooooo many tangs that are suitable, long term, for a 6' 125g tank, but the 2 you picked are not.

Those are good looking fish, but......and I hate to sound like Mr. Negativity, but you picked 2 of the largest tangs and even a 125 isn't big enough for them long term. The Naso will grow to 18" and the sailfin to 16". Your tank isn't big enough for both those large fish.
I just wish more research would go into these purchases. There are sooooooo many tangs that are suitable, long term, for a 6' 125g tank, but the 2 you picked are not.

I know that what they say is only a guideline but, live aquaria says they only need a minimum of 125g tank

Back