My new tank!!!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok I know I should just get down to the reason for this thread but I have to give a shout out to all the people who gave me the "Your supposedly getting" a new tank stuff. You know who you are and that is all that matters. Plus now the Tang Police can swim away from me.

SO now here is the deal.

It is a 220Gal with Dual Overflows on the back panel. The tanks measurements say it is 205 gallons but I think they were not correct. I know 72x24x30 is 224 but they gave the height at 27.5" so I think the stand and canopy were blocking the little extra on both the top and bottom.

Ok so a 220 gal that sits on a Marineland Chocolate stand. It is the one that has the 3 panels on the canopy and stand. It also has a sump included as well as a Hy-Drive Pump.

He said it will turn over the tank 10 times an hour but the largest one I found is the 6000 model HY-Drive Aquarium Pumps | Water Pumps | PetSolutions and it is expensive but doesn't look to turn over 220 plus a 40gal sump 10 times an hour. I could just be wrong in calculating it.

Anyway so the tank, stand, canopy and pump for $1200 In the photo it looks brand new without a mark on the stand or anything. They said they haven't had it long so.

They also have a Marineland 72" Light they wanted $500 for. It is the 150x3 MH with what she said was 12 T5s but I only saw a 6 T5 model and LEDS. I am going to offer them $300 because new it is $1200 when I looked. I just know $300 is a steal and the light is hardly used. It has the timer and one plug.

So just say if I got it all for $1500 to me that is a damn good deal.

It will take me a little bit to get sand and cycle the tank so maybe like a month or so from now. Only bad thing is my skimmer is too small for the tank but I can either use it or run without one so I figure it is better than nothing for now.

I will eventually sell my 80Gal Bowfront with the stand and canopy and probably include my Aqueon Proflex sump and my 48" lights. I have 2 sets, my Aquaticlife 4x54 with Moon LEDS and my just purchased a few months back 6x54 Nova Extreme Pro.

I may sell the Nova alone but not sure. I paid like $350 I think so I have no idea what I will ask at this point. I think I saved the box. I actually did the Aquaticlife is stored in it for backup. Makes shipping easier if it ever comes down to it.

I was thinking I would keep all my pumps for backups though for emergency since I know nothing about the pump coming with it.

Thoughts?

that sounds awesome cant wait to see it up and running..... and if you wanna donate that 80g bowfront *nudge nudge wink wink* lol

Well it looks like it is brand new still so it is a great deal. Shart even if it wasn't in the best shape it is still good.

I really hope I can snag the lights for cheap. i mean I still won't be getting hard corals even with the MH but the lights are nice.

When you have the tank in your house, then i will believe you because you have posted numerous threads about buying different tank.

Good luck though! I hope this one is the one!

When you have the tank in your house, then i will believe you because you have posted numerous threads about buying different tank.

Good luck though! I hope this one is the one!

Common chicky give me a break. I wasn't just going to go out and buy just anything and I like to discuss things. Plus I was trying to find exactly what I wanted from the tank to the stand and unless you are buying new it can be hard to find it and when you do it is usually not in great shape.

But I can now say with a big fat smile I got it.

220gal AGA Starfire glass tank.
Marineland Chocolate stand with matching lifting Canopy.
Marineland 72" 3x150 14000 MH - 8 T5s - 6 LEDs
75 gallon sump
2 durso pipes
Hy-drive pump
Heater
Maxijet

Again if I say I am getting something I get it and I make sure it is nice.

I forgot to say I paid a total of $1600 and the stuff is like new and so heavy I have pains in my forearms javas.

Got the lights for $400 but still they are about $1200 new.

I have been committed I just wasn't going to settle for shart. Just look at the few pix I took and see why the wait was worth it.

I started pressure washing the glass but didn't have time to finish yet. No I am not spraying the seals or even close. I am spraysing the overflows and the space in the middle but staying off the bottom and top and corners.

My pressure washer is a 1700PSI Electric sprayer not a huge gas one but again I am not spraying the seals.

It will be a bit before I get it setup to cycle as I have been putting up tile and getting my daughters room ready and also getting the daughter we are having in August rooms ready as well. I have been doing everything from painting, glass tile, installing swivel mirrors, new sinks, things everywhere so until I am done this tank will be getting only cleaning and draining till it sparkles.

Plus I want to be sure on what Tangs the store can get me to time my fish transfer with a few Tang-A-Langs!

The tank will actually be across from where the stand is sitting because the wall is longer. It sucks to have it in there because I never even go in that room. Seriously I never sit in there. The den is behind where you see the stand and the dining room is to my left. It sucks to have it in there but man that thing is a frikin beast to the max. I am just glad it is as nice of a stand to be compatible with my furniture that you don't see in the pix.

Attachments

• Tanks.jpg
    Tanks.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 254
  • Tanks-1.jpg
    Tanks-1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 245
  • Stand.jpg
    Stand.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 266
  • Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 258
  • Canopy.jpg
    Canopy.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Thanks.

Yeah we have a totally different spot where out other couch is and our TV. I have my 80Gal bowfront there now so it will stink not being able to watch TV and see the tank at the same time.

Between commercials I watch them. It will be ok I suppose.

Do the floors not need extra support for a tank that size? I have been worried about moving my 120 eventually into a home because ideally I would like it on the main floor, but I thought that would require beefing up the support beams? Currently in a concrete building now, so hopefully the stress wont be there for awhile.

I am not sure. I mean it was set-up in the guys house on the carpet by the window by an outside wall.

I am putting it on tile in my house next to a wall. The light will come through my double glass front door but it is not direct light.

My brother is always telling me to make the lights come on in the morning but the tanks gets lights now from the front door and the fish re up at like 10 ish then the lights come on at 3PM(BLUE) then 4PM all of them till 11PM back to blue and then off at Midnight.

9 Hours is plenty 2 blue and 7 full.

My front area has a large overhang(Like a walkway and then a nice porch to the door) and the sun comes up from the back of my house so the light the tank gets is far from direct but it is fairly lit up.

I was going to put the tank on the opposite wall because I thought just putting the weight near a wall was best. The wall is a tad shorter and with my couches it was not really the best set-up.

I was then going to put it by the window in that room because we have shutters and it is an outside wall but then the windows can never be opened and it blocks the nice shutters.

Can't win.

I will start a new thread when I begin my set-up and stuff showing my steps and tank transfers from my 80Gal Bowfront with plenty of pix. Then people can tell me what a boob I am and what I did wrong.

Also maybe it can help someone else.

I am actually planning on not putting a ton of rock in it.

I def want to have some open sections to it and use some dead coral plants as well. I mean my 160 pounds of rock will look like pebbles in this hog but I am going to spend some time viewing some other similar sized tanks and their layouts.

I have some good lights now so I was thinking of getting some shelf looking corals but I am staying away from anything that takes more care than what I have now.

Lot-o-research to do. I may even go for some fake coral if I can find anything that fits the look I want. I have seen some that look like this Montipora Capricornus Coral | Corals | PetSolutions that I really thought looked ok as fakers.

Anyway I will start doing that soon as well as finding what Tangs I will be keeping. I am for sure getting a Yellow and a Naso. I heard having a brown is smart. Want a Powder Blue but I think that isn't going to happen due to their issues.

It is like yayay I can get all new fish. I MAAAYYYY get me a awesome blue clam. MAAAAYYYY is the key word here.

One fish I really want as well is a Koran Angel but it probably also won't happen with my other fish selections and having the Coral Beauty and Flame. They get along but the guy I always talk with at the LFS gave me the potential issues like he always does. He seems to be honest all the time and never say they will be fine like other places I go to. He warned me about the Flame and Coral Beauty and said if their are issues bring it back but I have none.

Oh yeah thanks for the Boob hahaha

Last edited:
Back