My progress so far!

Just checking in. My cycle is complete but I still haven't added fish yet. I'm waiting on my CUC to get here next week before adding anything else. I've noticed a few brownish spots on rocks and sand. I'm assuming this is some sort of algae bloom, and if I remember right this is common after the cycle isn't it? I've been running my lights for a week now. 10 hours actinic, 8 hours regular. The actinics come on an hour before and stay on an hour later. Anything I should change?

Do you have any pics of your tank? I'm sure every1 here is also waiting. Thanks lil matty

To be honest I haven't posted one because I am 100% not satisfied with my rockscaping. It drives me absolutely crazy and i'm afraid i'm going to mess with them so much i'll fumble one and crack the class. BUT I will swallow my pride and post one after work today. I have about 60 pounds in there right now and am aware I need another 20-40 pounds. I believe most people recommend 2 pounds per gallon and right now i'm only about 1.3 pounds per gallon.

I'm sure it'll be just fine. If anything maybe some1 can give you an idea of placing rocks and helping you with your rockscaping. Thanks lil matty

C:\Documents and Settings\ccline\My Documents\My Pictures

First try at uploading pics...

Attachments

• tank 1.jpg
    tank 1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 194
  • tank 2.jpg
    tank 2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 231
  • tank 3.jpg
    tank 3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 223
  • tank 4.jpg
    tank 4.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 193
  • tank 5.jpg
    tank 5.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 208
Yeah I need to do something about that when I get them where I want them. Most people use some sort of silicone don't they?

I would actually use zip ties, that way you can change the rock work if you ever decide you dont like it. But a more permeant method is to use epoxy and superglue. Silicon wont cure fast enough be useful.

I never thought about zip ties. I'm guessing you are supposed to use the 100% plastic kind? I'm sure the kind with metal in them is bad for a tank.

Back