My Water Quality !!!!

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So heres a couple pics i took of my Test results today.

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0190-2.jpg

Everything looks to be good, As far as nitrates go i say almost Zero water only changed a tinny bit, and the phofates i cant really tell maybe .25
Thing is im getting a light brownish film on my sand bed and its bugging the crap out of me lol.

I think i might get another Reactor and do some GFO in it and see if that helps.

Also i noticed my PH is a little lower now that usual, How can i bring it up a bit more.

I know PH and KH have to do with one another so i tested my KH also and its a little low at about 8 or 9 right now from the usual 10. What can i use to bring up the PH and KH a bit more ???
What would you guys recommend ??

Your trates are probably 0 Api always seems to have a slight reading. I have never had to adjust my ph so I dunno...I have read kalkwassier is a good way to go but I have no experience with it.

Phosphates @ .25 is high enough to cause algae issues that you're seeing, and since you have algae, you're getting a 'false' 0 on your nitrates. Since the algae in your system is consuming the nitrates they aren't showing up on your test

pH varies throughout the day and is usually highest towards the end of the day after your lights have been on for awhile. That's why people recommend testing at the same time of day every time you test. If you don't already, one option is to run the light on your fuge on the opposite light cycle of your DT lights - this helps keep pH stable over the course of the day.

For alk - 8 or 9 dkh is really okay even though its a little lower than what you're used to - unless you are noticing your corals reacting negatively then I wouldn't worry about bringing it up. Your regular weekly/biweekly water changes should take care of that. If your corals are reacting negatively, you can bring it up with baking soda or washing soda, without affecting your calcium (which you will do if you add kalkwrasser or any of the other 2-part dosers. I posted a link in my "low alk" thread (should be a few threads down in this subforum) to an article that gives instructions on how to fix alk/calc imbalances - its a pretty good article and will give you some ideas for how to raise your alk. Hope this helps!

I wouldnt really say i have an algea problem. I have seen some really bad one. My onlu problem is i really light coat of light really light brown on my sand bed. And its only after lights come on for a couple hours. And as far as algea eating the nitrates isnt that what macro algea is for anyways lol. My chaeto should be doing that.

Yeah o think thays my problem. I need a bigger clean up crew. Mainly more nassariouse to stir the sand. I only have mayne 30its small ones and 10the tonga ones. I really like the tonga ones i might go get another 20 or 30 soon. And a couple more conches. Only have 1 conch at the moment. Ao yeah maybe a few more nirites. They seem to do a good job and i only have 4 of them.

So my new nassariouse snails are out at night going crazy and cleaning up a storm, i honestly think i need some more and i should be good, Going to go pick up atleast anoth 20 this weekend and another conch or 2.

Back