nano tank

Kwater

Chill
if this is not the correct place to post this than its ok if it is moved. i wasw in this one store and i saw the coolest nano tank. its not youre normal nano tank. it is 12 gallons and it has a bow front and is long like a normal aquarium. but when i buy it is there anything i should know about a nano. i plan to have a non reef safe fish in it. but i really want an annenomey. but i also want a nano clown trigger fish. any advice.

thanx

first, nanos and their parameters swing more/faster than larger tanks. many non-reef safe fish aren't very small, and there is no such thing as a nano clown trigger.

if you're considering an anemone, go for a GBTA (green bubble tip anemone.) you should decide what you want more, and plan your tank around that.

Yeah, I'm confused about the nano clown trigger. Triggers are big predators, they need around 100+ gallon tanks. A clown fish or two would be fine in a nano.

There aren't too many non-reef safe fish that could fit in a tank that small. Most predators are large.

Sorry when I say nano trigger I mean a supper baby right from the farm. And when it gets about 4 inches I give it to the lfs. I keep getting nano or supper baby fish and then when they get big I give them away. I promise the dish will have room. As u know I have big issues with over crowiding. Got 9 small fish in a 80 gallon and plan to keep maby 2 in this nano tank.

What you need to understand is first Triggers grow very fast (they need to get big quick so they can eat) and I believe that Triggers are not tank raised either. He just wont be happy in that small of an aquarium, even if you are planning on moving him out once he gets bigger, and its very stressful for the fish to be moved around so much. :(

I have a 12 gallon nano I keep a bubble anemone, 2 clown, neon goby and yasha goby with his candy striped pistol shrimp. They have been in this tank for over 4 years now and are doing wonderful.

Then a trigger is outa da picture. And u may be right about them not being tank raised so in that case u would not get one either. And yes I really want an anenimey in the nano. I was hoping to have more than one is that possable.

It looks like a great fish. Just 2 questins. Do u happen to know if they can be cept in complete salt water or does it halft to be mixed with fresh too. And the last questin do u know if they bread tank raised or farm raised species???

Thankss

I think brackish water is just a different salinity. From what I read before, the specific gravity you want depends on the age, but at first it's lower like 1.005... If I recall correctly.

I had a brackish tank when I was a teenager. I kept it at 1.009

Archer fish are REALLY cool. Put meal worms on a mangrove tree and watch them line up and knock it off with a spit of water. :fechten2:

I loved my archers. I would hold a cricket above the water and they would spit at it. I also kept spotted puffers and monos in there. Although these will get to big for a nano.

You would only want to keep 1-2 spotted puffers in there, but they will get about 4-6 inches full grown.

Back