Naughty blenny

chiqui bb

Reefing newb
I have a bicolor blenny that bites me everytime I put my hand in the tank. He's really sneaky about it too. I target feed my coco worm and he waits just long enough for me to become distracted and then.....wham. :shock: I've tried watching him but he won't approach when I am looking at him. Problem is I can't watch him and work in the tank at the same time. Sneakly little b@$****

It's not that it hurts, but it startles me every time and I end up jerking my hand out of the tank and water flys everywhere! :grumble:

My male maroon has started doing this. He's scared of the net... so I put that in the tank before I put my hand in so he'll hide. Works like a charm!

Use a turkey baster to target feed and stop sticking your mits in his house?..I'd bite you too.:D

:rofl: Very funny PRC! Yeah, his house. As soon as he gets a job and starts paying the mortgage (aka contributing to the "tank" fund), he can call it HIS house!

he has a job he is obviously a security fish.I target feed with a syringe and a two foot piece of rigid airline
less time in the tank less accidental contamination

Yeah my chromis who swim at the topmost level of the tank always come at my hands when I put them in to put in algae sheets :) I like it, cuz it shows they trust me not to skewer them and stick them on a grill.

Oscarcanbite.jpg

this was when i did a waterchange on my freashwater tank when my oscars had eggs

Back