Nauti Tanks

Nauti Tanks

Reefing newb
Hello There,
I am new to all of this but have educated myself by various way's but I think it's time to ask the people who really do this for help instead of someone just trying to sell you something that really never did work. My problem is Nitrates, Who's isn't but inhereited the problem it I believe came with the Trade unless somehow during the moved only this spiked. Is that possible? Has anyone had To empty out a tank (180 Gal)& move it down the road have it set up before 24hrs has passed. Could this be the problem?

ok i do not fully understand what you are trying to say so here goes.... you got a tank that you had to take down and move it. when u moved it the nitrates were higher right? if the tank had sand then you probably mixed up some crap in the sand that led to the nitrates being raised. if thats not the problem then i have no idea what ur asking.

I do think that's what they are asking. And I agree, if the sand got mixed up a lot and there was die off from the live rock then there could have been a nitrate spike.

I agree with jesse and beguiles, stirring up the sand and die off from the Live rock could definitely cause the high nitrates.

I would do a large water change to bring down the nitrates, especially if you have any livestock in the tank.

Hello There,
I am new to all of this but have educated myself by various way's but I think it's time to ask the people who really do this for help instead of someone just trying to sell you something that really never did work. My problem is Nitrates, Who's isn't but inhereited the problem it I believe came with the Trade unless somehow during the moved only this spiked. Is that possible? Has anyone had To empty out a tank (180 Gal)& move it down the road have it set up before 24hrs has passed. Could this be the problem?
Thanks to all the help I was freakin Because I got the tank as a trade for a job I did on a sailboat. It has been 2 months 4 changes and the Nitrates are soo high according to the the test off scale have no way of really telling of they are getting worse or better... Broke down the test to 1 drop to 5ml and still a problem off thecharts RED. Started to think I have inhierited this Nitrate Tank. We did an extra change 2 days ago.Today they finally started to go down ( i think ) because the test is takin longer to change to Blood RED.
All the rock never hit air no longer than it took to pick up and set back down but there is over 200lbs.Manderine is still alive and have few hermits which seems to baffle the stores.Everything looks healthy it's just I had no Idea this tank had some issues, think I may have freaked when i did the very 1st test after the trade. I never tested it before I got it because I trusted the guy he had most of these fish for 8 yrs. He pretty much lost contact with us when he said he'd come back to help us change the water. 2weeks into it. That was fishy & made me feel not good about the trade. The tank is more beautiful so something must be going right. I have another quarantine 55gal and it does have Nitrates that also came with trade but they are in the safe zone.

Gotta ask, what are you using for water? Also try doing 25% water changes every week. It should come down pretty quickly with good water and a lot of turnover.

Back