poksal's 20 long frag tank build

Ted.. yeah I was with her already.. so it is coming out... I listen to advice.. and wasn't challenging Erin just new I had sand for the pH thing elsewhere... and was wanting a deeper explanation for my brainware. I'm absolutely a have to know why before I act kind of a guy.

I was told by a local person who does frags that I would want a sand bed for some corals and they would need something to bind to.. so ...I bought that stuff.. LOL.. and I know it was a duah.. but I was there and it was all they had.. blah blah..

What I'm asking is am I going to want something on the bottom for that so "they" won't take foot to the glass bottom or just provide ample rubble for those cases? Or am I over thinking this as I tend to do?

1/10/13 - 5PM
Gravel is gone, in fact after this picture was taken I removed the water back into my change water tank and cleaned out the tank. Then replaced the water and egg crates. and frags.

Thanx for the heads up Erin and Ted.
.....................and Thanks were sent to both...

More tips are requested and welcome...

Attachments

• DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
It is plan which fish time..

...What fish (& other life forms) would you put in this tank .... and why.....(defend your choice, a picture would be nice in some cases, since I and some others may not know that common name or hobby jargon)

..... as a reminder, this is a 20 gallon long frag tank, plumbed into my display 95's system. The water level is 2.5" below the rim, medium flow, and bare bottom. The temp is 78-79°.

Also, will hermits make it up onto the egg crate?

Last edited:
I personally wouldnt do hermits, but I am anti hermit lol. I would probebly just do something small, like a royal gramma or a tank bred clown. I have a 20g that is eventually going to be a frag tank and was thinking maybe a damsel or the previous mentioned two.

thanx.. I have clowns.. and damsels... so while those are good choices for someone else they don't excite me.. but I will research a royal gramma... in fact I can do that now.. I've declared this Saturday to be a lazy slob day. .. "me" time..

He was here everyday and then...nothing...I hate it when this happens...would just like to know if you are ok bud...hopefully one of those animals you rescue didnt bite you or something...

Love your DIY LEDs Pokesal! I plan on building something from Rapid LED as well eventually in the future :) Would love to see updates on how your growth and color is in that frag tank! ;)

Back