Near new K4

bobby

I like to do bad things.
I have a K4 that is near new and in perfect shape, and works flawlessly. Looking 40.00 shipped, or trade for a gen-x 2400 or a sedra 3500. Can kick in some cash or coral too.

I'm right behind you. I could just hand it to you.LOL

I'm in Benton Illinois.

There's nothing wrong with it at all. I just got ripped off on a skimmer I bought and need the money to replace the pump. Guy said his worked great, but when I got it it was overheated so bad the body swelled around the impeller and it will not move at all.

ouch.... i definitely feel for ya.

if it would help you any you could let me know what pump the skimmer uses and i'd sell you one at cost. I'd hate to see you lose out too much because of some jerk.

Thanks, that is very nice of you, but you need to make your money too. Do you carry a gen-x 2400 with the needle or a sedra 3500 with the needle wheel? I bought a Euro Reef RS 100 and need what ever pump fits it and I think those are the ones.

i can definitely get the sedra 3500, that's not a problem, however i can't get the gen-x 2400.

to be quite honest i've never been a fan of the gen-x pumps. the impellers always seem to break and/or rust.... no good.

here is a convo from wetwebmedia discussing replacement pumps for your skimmer:

Euro-Reef Modified Eheim Pumps For Small ER Skimmers (Not Yet!) – 06/17/08
Hi,
<<Hello!>>
I have a question about the Euro-Reef RS100.
<<I am a huge fan of ER skimmers…I own a CS12=3 with ER-modded Eheim 1262 pumps, myself>>
I called them up and was hoping I could switch out the Sedra pump for an Eheim.
<<Hmmm…the RS100 uses a ER-modified Sedra 3500 pump…I believe the only ER-modified Eheim pump is the Eheim 1262…too much pump for RS100 skimmer>>
Since this pump performs much better and is quieter.
<<The Eheim pumps “are” a much better pump than many…agreed>>
I couldn’t get anyone over there.
<<Keep trying… I have chatted with these fine folks on several occasions…they were likely busy and just couldn’t get to the phone>>
Is this a possibility?
<<I’m skeptical (unless you can get a custom mod on a smaller Eheim model)…but you need to speak to the folks at Euro-Reef about it>>
Can you recommend an Eheim pump for this size skimmer?
<<Not with the required needle-wheel or pin-wheel mod currently offered by Euro-Reef and sized for their RS100 skimmer. You could try looking around the NET to see if anyone offers a smaller needle-wheel modified Eheim pump. H&S skimmers use such modified Eheim pumps…1260s I believe (and about $300 a pop)…but this is still probably too much pump for the ER RS100 skimmer. A needle-wheel modified Eheim 1250 is what you need to look for…good luck. Another option would be to replace the Sedra pump that comes with the skimmer with a needle-wheel modified Ocean Runner pump of comparable size. It will be a fraction of the cost of the Eheim (though I do like those Eheims!) and I find this brand of pump very quiet and reliable as well…though they are a bit bulky/large. Be aware, any pump you get that was not modified/designed/intended by Euro-Reef to be used with their skimmers will very probably require some modification/imagination to get it to “mate-up” with the ER skimmer (and will probably also void any warranties)>>
Thank you.
<<Good luck with your “hunt.” EricR>>

Awesome. I looked on your site but didn't see the pumps. How much is a sedra 3500 with needle wheel? I agree I'm not as fond of the gen-x, but there cheaper, however, I only want to buy this pump once.LOL

the sedra 3500 i can get is the one modified for the ASM skimmers.... MY price is $68.00..... i don't think i can be too helpful on this one?

Is there a difference for the one modified for a ASM verses one for a ER?

Yeah... the sedra that is supposed to go on your skimmer is a specially modified sedra 3500, according to the research i've done. I'll put in a call tomorrow and see what it would take to get the ACTUAL pump that's supposed to go on that so that no warrantees are voided, and that way if something happens you're not out 80-100 bucks.

I have a Gen-X 2400 needlewheel pump. I used it for a few months as a replacement pump for my Coralife CSS125. This is the newer model that they painted where the metal piece used to rust on the older models. It's in perfect condition.

OUCH.LOL So the one for ASM wont work on the ER skimmers? (just curious for future reference) I think I'm going to buy/trade ccCapt if we can work something out.

Thanks for the help.

Back