Need Agvice Asap!!!!

mrdarieus

Reefing newb
Hello everyone, can anyone tell me what is going on with my 2 marroon and yellow stripe clowns? I just got them today, put them in my 55 gal around 5:00. i thought they would love their new home. I am worried about them, they are not as active as I thought they would be. One is staying under the filter and the other is staying above one of my pumps. Is my current to strong? At the pet store they were in the same tank, now they seem to fight when they are near each other. they are not exploring the tank, can anyone assit me please!!!
55 gal tank cycled
45#s' lr
40#'s aragonite sand CaribSea
80 degrees temp
All water parameters are good
2 power heads
4130re2.jpg
[/IMG]

Were they in a tank with other clowns if so now they are by themselves.Possibly working out who will be the male and who be the female(pairing up)Give them a couple of days and maybe they will start swimming togather

They are probably sticking close to objects for saftey reasons....

After they adjust to the new environement they will slowly start coming out..

Also the gender issue mentioned above.

i have a maroon gold striped clown fish who likes to hide up by power head until feeding time or when no one is in the room, i've watched him. He has been in tank for 5 months dont no why maybe the last blue damsel that i couldn't catch is messin with him. but just got a fish trap delivered from dr. fosters and smith so we will see.

mrdarieus - I agreed what minireefer & bkv1997 said on your new fish... they are exploring and adjusting the new enviroment.

d.french - For your blue damsel... if the trap don't work, try catching it during feeding time. I got mine out that way. :) Put the net inside the tank first and make him come up and eat then you catch him. Good luck!

Jack

Re: Need Advice Asap!!!!

Thanks everyone for ur output! My fish are doing great!:bounce: They have stop fighting and are getting along great, they are eating and swimming together(my wife said that she see's them kissing alot):mrgreen: I hope that they mate, that would be perfect. The only other inhabitants in the tank are
1 blenny
5 snails
10 hermit crabs
2 mushrooms (on each end of the tank)
I am not sure what else I will add, please feel free to make suggestions,,, I truly don't want to overstock!!! I may get more mushrooms and a few polyps.:D

55 gal tank
1 2x65 pc's with lunar lighting
40#s of ls
40-45#s of lr

That is great news.

I have always been a fan of the sixline wrasse. Cheap nice color and eat flatworms, bristle worms and other bad things that can find its way into a tank. Only down side is they can be jumpers.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Iwould go for soime polyps.In time the mushrooms will multiple like crazy.The 6 line is good sujestion.I have my self.Also a small yellow tang would add somemore color and help keep the rock clean of algae.

Back