Need Ballast Advice

SonicGT02

Reefing newb
I am now in need of a ballast for my 250 watt metal halide :grumble:. As Current does not sell replacements and I've been unable to find one on the internet, has anyone had to replace theirs? Any advice on brand, model or where best to buy??? My unit is a Current Outer Orbit.

I have a current light as well. To be completely honest I don't remember where I bought the ballast but I ended up finding it by googling the actual ballast model number not the light. A little patience, a couple butt connectors and the light was back up and running in no time. Good opportunity to replace the bulb too.

Go to a local electrical supply shop. Lowe', Home Depot might have it, but doubt it.If you have a Granger buy you, they can get it. Just have to have an account or know someone who does.

Well it looks like I'll be trying a Vertex ballast after talking to the helpful customer service of Aquacave.com. They didn't try to talk me into buying the higher priced named ballasts. The said they've had nothing but good response on the ballast. If anyone is looking for saltwater equipment, I'd suggest trying Aquacave.

Back