need help

bigd71834

Reefing newb
are damsels aggressive toward shrimp and if not what kind of shrimp is best for a small aquarium i now have a bigger tank. and does anyone have any idea as to what coral or rock i should add to my tank

Last edited:
Well to give a full answer we will need a lot more information about what kind of fish and inverts are currently in the tank and what kind of equipment you are running. Lighting is very important for corals and will dictate what types of corals you are able to keep in the tank. As far as the damsel goes what type of damsel is it that is in the tank. If you are really attached to the damsel that is fine but if not then you might want to trade him back to the store and get something that is a little less aggressive. Damsels as a rule regardless of what type are highly territorial and will be aggressive to almost anything but I have seen damsels getting along with cleaner shrimp. I have also seen a damsel slowly take apart a cleaner shrimp. Every fish is different but as a rule I would stay clear of damsels based on aggression and lack of input to the tank. A sixline would probably be a better choice for you. They are beneficial for the tank (they keep most common pests under control) they are attractive and fun to watch.

Just a couple thoughts.

As much as I would like to help you, your question is too general. there are litterally a bunch of corals and animals out there to consider. you must 1st decide what bio type you want, then select the animals that will fit. or better yet select the animals you want to keep and get the equipment that you will need to provide the environment that they need. if you could narrow down your question to be a bit more specific, I will try to help. happy fishn

I do agree to above.Depending on what size tank you upgraded to ,
a clown fish,and a peppermint shrimp will make good replacements for the damsel.Coral and other lifeforms we will need more info.

Back