need help

mcazurin

Reefing newb
so i got my new tank running.... with my live rock and some new sand...i see a coloring change to PURPLE on my live rock.....im already in the process of cycling my tank....i just set this up yesterday june 2, 2007....anyway...i see a big cloud in my tank when it comes out of the return spout from my wet/dry filter.... this cloud makes me wonder....can someone tell me wat this is?

The only thing that comes to mind for me is micro bubbles. Do you have alot of tiny bubbles in your tank after the cloud?

I'll bet your return pump is picking up some bubbles some where.Either you got a skimmer in your sump throwing micro-bubbles,or some thing else causing bubbles that the pump is picking up.

is the cloud continuous? maybe it is some dust from the new sand occasionly getting picked up out of the bottom of the wet/dry filter.

yea..my sump has a protein skimmer there which is built in...and when u mean return pump...is that where da water returns to the tank....my return spout is black and its squirting out cloudy water.

Back