need more advice

imdaring

love my reef
OK, well I had the brown slime run through the tank, that killed off 3 off the stony corals now I have lost 3 leaters all toad stools and my LG is starting to look like it's going to die now, the top of it looks like its has just shed but when I look under at the trunk it is starting to pull away from the rock and if I move it, it look like smoke coming from the parts that have pulled away from the rock? I try'd to find somthing about it on the net but can't find anything what do you think is going on with that do you think.. should I pull it out of the tank? I have no more leather corals left in the tank except my 2 kenya trees

Attachments

• toadstool 001.jpg
    toadstool 001.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 228
  • toadstool 002.jpg
    toadstool 002.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 219
  • toadstool 003.jpg
    toadstool 003.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 237
  • toadstool 004.jpg
    toadstool 004.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 245
  • toadstool 005.jpg
    toadstool 005.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 211
Its hard to tell from the pics.But it looks like that leathers just trying to shed to me.Maybe its just not getting enough flow under it to blow the shed skin off?
You'r alkalinity spiking up could be causing your problems,but thats just my guess.And I've been know to be wrong before.

I have to agree with Yote. Your water chemistry is all screwed up with those super high calcium and alk levels. The high calcium isn't too bad, but high alk can cause major problems. Corals need stability and it's not getting that right now in your tank.

Back