need new pump but what kind?

Nimboli12

Reefee
I think my pump is going out because its making a loud rattling noise. How would find out where in the pump this is happening ? Bought this tank and pump together on Craigslist last September.

The pump is a "TinyMite" insulated Wet End. Does anyone know if these are still made?

I just need to know how I would find out if something is stuck inside it or I need to replace it

Is this running submerged or external? In either case, you'll need to turn it off, get it disconnected and open it up to make sure it didn't suck up a snail or something like that

It is also possible that its just at the end of of its useful life and needs to be replaced

Is this a return pump from a sump? What is it running if its not a return pump

The pump is under the cabinet next to my sump. Im going to help my husband take it apart in just a few minutes. There are some little tiny pieces of gravel in my sump where my protein skimmer is and that's where the out take drain thing is for the pump. I remember taking out my protein skimmer to clean it & took a little sponge brush and scrubbed that little out take valve that goes to my pump to clean away any clogging stuff. Something might have gotten sucked in through the little openings.

I don't think it could be a snail unless it got in my sump somehow. So I'll let you know what happens in a few minutes. Thank You

Ok. My husband's a little apprehensive about taking this pump apart. How long is it safe for the tank to go without the pump working, because once he takes this apart it might take a few hours to get it back together.

Does anyone know how to take a TinyMite pump apart? Is it just as simple as turning everything off,turning the valve all the way to the off position, unhooking all pvc piping to the the pump. But then how do lyou open up the pump?

Back